The core French courses focus on grammar, composition and conversation, while cultural classes examine topics including:
- French culture through film
- Aspects of French culture
- French civilization
- The French short story
- French theater of the 20th century
- Francophone literature and culture
The French major at Manhattan College combines practical language skills with literary and cultural studies. As a French major, you will:
- Become fluent in reading, writing and speaking French
- Understand how this language works in comparison to English
- Learn about the rich history, literature and art of the countries where French is spoken
- Gain a critical understanding of and appreciation for the culture of the people who speak the language
French is also offered as a minor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- French for Beginners
- French for Communication
- Writing French
- Speaking French
- Aspects of French Culture
- Keeping French Alive
- Advanced French Conversation and Phonetics
- French Culture Through Film
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We operate on a rolling admissions basis, so we have no set admissions deadline. However, priority is given to applications received on or before March 1.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 1003 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Official High School Transcript
- SAT and/or ACT Scores: Critical reading and math sections of the SAT are reviewed during the admissions process.
- Recommendation Letter: One letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor is required. You may submit up to three academic letters.
- Personal Essay: You must submit a brief personal statement or college essay. This essay should be roughly 500 words.
- $75 Non-Refundable Application Fee
- International students whose native language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency by submitting official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
International40400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40400 USD per year during 48 months.
National40400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.