Policies and management strategies to protect the natural capital of our coastal waters and oceans will impact the future of the growing marine and coastal tourism sector, and the BA (hons) Marine and Coastal Tourism from The University of the Highlands and Islands explores the ways in which effective management of tourism development can have positive impacts on the conservation and restoration of the marine environment.
Aspects considered throughout the course will include: activity development; response to climate change; environmental and conservation objectives; the role of coastal communities in the development of tourism; management of customer expectations; and behaviours and analysis of marine sector legislation, from both a UK and international perspective.
- Strong links with many marine and coastal-based businesses in Scotland and throughout the UK
- Apply cutting edge theory and research to the exciting and dynamic tourism sector
- Excellent, optional work-based placement opportunities around the UK and abroad
- Integrated practical programme to enhance your skills and experience in marine and coastal activities
- Possibility to gain instructor qualifications endorsed by National Governing Bodies
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Archaeology and interpretation
- Climate change
- Sustainable tourism and the environment
- Work placement 3
- International expedition leadership
- International marine and coastal tourism
- Research skills
- Planning international expeditions
- Management of the marine resource
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Studies Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 165 other Bachelors in Hospitality Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 Scottish Highers at grade C or above OR
- 2 A levels at grade C or above
- You will also need to have Standard Grade, National 4/5 or GCSE English and Mathematics, and be able to demonstrate your commitment to marine and coastal activities
- Applicants with significant industry or activity experience will be considered providing they can demonstrate sufficient academic potential
- You may be required to attend an interview
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a PVG Disclosure Check and become PVG Scheme Members in order to undertake this course
International12360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12360 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Eu: £1,820
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.