In this ambiguous global economy, this programme will enable students to not only consider business holistically but also undertake complex problem solving: comprehending the interconnectedness of decision making and effectively communicating those decisions to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
In years one and two, a programme of core modules is followed to ensure that a solid foundation is laid down. In years three and four you can choose to study for a generic degree in business and management, or you can focus on one particular aspect, such as: human resource management; finance; marketing; enterprise; or tourism. This will allow you to exit at the end of the fourth year with a themed award, for example, Business Management with Human Resource Management.
- Due to strong links with employers, there are numerous opportunities for experiential learning, such as: placements; research projects; live case studies; and guest speakers. All of which enable students to apply their learning in a relevant business context
- The Business and Management programme at The University of the Highlands and Islands offers flexibility for students to develop specific knowledge and expertise in key business areas such as: marketing; enterprise; human resources management; and finance
- In the final year, as an alternative to a dissertation, students can undertake a critically evaluated business plan which can be used to launch a business venture
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Business strategy
- Corporate financial decision making
- Corporate responsibility in a global environment
- Employee relations
- Global management
- Innovation and enterprise
- Social and environmental accounting
- Strategic marketing
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies International Business View 1260 other Bachelors in Management Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 Scottish Highers at grade C or above OR
- 2 A levels at grade C or above
- Alternatively, completion of a Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy, Financial Services or Business Skills, PLUS an additional Scottish Higher at Grade C or above
- Prospective students without the standard entry requirements but with considerable relevant work experience are encouraged to apply
International12360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12360 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Eu: £1,820
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.