We offer a bachelor degree in Scottish History and Theology at The University of the Highlands and Islands. The history element provides a thorough examination of Scotland's place in history in relation to Britain, Europe and the wider world. The theology element, while also engaging with other Christian traditions, focuses on theology, primarily from an evangelical and Reformed perspective.
Over two-thirds of the research conducted by the Centre for History was rated at 4* and 3*, indicating ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’, in the latest assessment of UK university research quality.
- You will benefit from access to recognised experts on the academic staff in both disciplines, whose own research interests are reflected in the modules they teach
- You will gain and develop your own research skills
- A wealth of resources are available through the university's Libraries and Electronic Resources, you will also have access to Highland Theological College UHI's impressive library has over 60,000 titles, including three special collections.
- You can study individual modules for personal or professional development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The empire strikes back: how the British Empire shaped Scotland
- Art of display: selling the Stewart monarchy
- Merchants, mariners and maritime marauders: Scottish trade in the early modern period
- The Highland wars: origins, aftermath and interpretations
- Culture and Christianity in the Highlands and Islands
- The seventeenth century in the Highlands
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Religious Studies & Theology View 130 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 Scottish Highers at grade BBC or above, or
- 2 A levels at grade BC or above
- At least two should be from the list of relevant academic subjects
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications or experience will be considered on an individual basis
International12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Eu: £1,820
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.