Specific Economics program objectives at the University of Illinois Springfield include the development of: basic knowledge of micro- and macroeconomic theory, fundamental understanding of quantitative methods of analysis, research competencies using the theories and methods of economic analysis, and skills for applying theories and models to contemporary economic issues and policies.
Upon completion of a Bachelor’s degree through the College of Business and Management, students will meet the following goals and objectives:
- Demonstrate knowledge of key concepts in the major business disciplines, including accounting, economics, management, marketing, finance information systems and the legal and social environment of business.
- Systematically analyze a business problem using appropriate methods. Students will be able to: effectively examine alternatives, analyze alternatives, and recommend an appropriate course of action.
- Demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the use of presentation technologies.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Understand the use of information technologies in organizations.
- Understand, interpret, and analyze quantitative problems and quantitatively presented information.
- Principles of Financial Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Operations Management
- Business, Ethics, and Society
- Principles of Management Information Systems
- Managing Organizational Behavior Managerial Economics
- Macroeconomics in a Global Economy
- Analytical Decision Making for BUS and ECO
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 1527 other Bachelors in Finance in United States
- Complete the Online Admissions Application
- Personal Statement – This is an applicant’s chance to tell us about themselves. Describe interests and accomplishments which are not indicated elsewhere on the application.
- Academic Statement – Tell us more about professional aspiration, intellectual interests, and personal experiences relevant to the choice of a specific academic program at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
International38820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19410 USD per semester during 48 months.
National38820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19410 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State19290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9645 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.