Students at the major in Elementary Education at the Bridgewater State University must apply for admission and be accepted into professional education after completion of ELED 220 Introduction to Elementary Education and before the professional semester. ELED 220 is the only required education course in which students can enroll prior to official acceptance into a professional education program.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires three Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure® (MTEL) for Elementary licensure: Communication and Literacy, General Curriculum (Elementary) and the Foundations of Reading. All three of these exams must be passed as a prerequisite to professional semester courses.
All matriculated undergraduate elementary education degree seeking students must take the professional semester as a block of courses and must register with the department. These courses are usually taken the semester prior to student teaching.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Literature for Elementary Education Majors
- Human Geography
- World History to 1500
- United States History and Constitutions to 1865
- Mathematics for Elementary Teachers
- Foundations of Geometry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
Overseas students are advised to seek admission at least six months before the fall deadline.
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 449 other Bachelors in Primary Education in United States
- Bridgewater State University follows the admissions standards as outlined by the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education. First-year applicants must also submit the results of the SAT I: Reasoning Test or the ACT. Students whose native language is not English may submit the TOEFL or the SAT II English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT).
- Interviews are not required for admission to BSU, but they may provide both you and our counseling staff with additional information to make more informed decisions. We are in extraordinary times and an optional evaluative interview allows us to get a better sense of you beyond pass/fail grades, optional test scores and interrupted extracurricular activities.
International16872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16872 USD per year during 48 months.
National16872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16872 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10732 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10732 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bridgewater
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.