The object of the Comparative Literature program of the Istanbul Bilgi University is to expose the student not only to various literary traditions but also to interdisciplinary areas such as visual arts, history of art, music, history, and philosophy. Anglo-Saxon Literature forms the backbone of the program with a comparative perspective on certain periods and selected works from Turkish and European literatures.
Program StructureThe courses taught in the program can be grouped under two headings: During the first three years the courses offered cover studies in the novel, history of western civilization, mythology, literary criticism, textual analysis, translation and art appreciation. The fourth year concentrates primarily on the twentieth century literature, art, and philosophy.
- Textual Analysis
- Western Culture and Civilization
- 19th-20th Century European Literature
- Short Story
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The applicant should fill in the online application form (a hardcopy can be obtained by email upon request)
- The applicant should upload required documents to the online application form.
- Photocopy of high school diploma (with the official transcript)
- All High school Transcripts/Grades (last 4 high school years)
- Passport photocopy
- 2 photographs
- Blue Card and Certificate of Identity Register Copy
- If available, a record of scores for one English Language Competency Examinations (for example TOEFL or Cambridge Certificate)
International8100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 USD per year during 48 months.
National8100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.