Applied Animal Science (Hons) from Scotland's Rural College (SRUC) aims to give you a sound knowledge and understanding of animal science and its applications. You'll learn practical and laboratory skills and develop an understanding of the environmental, ethical and economic contexts in which the sector operates.
Graduates with Applied Animal Science (Hons) from Scotland's Rural College (SRUC) will:
- discover how animal science helps to improve the productivity and sustainability of livestock production systems and control disease epidemics.
- learn how it can be used to raise standards of animal welfare, and to enhance wildlife biodiversity.
- gain an understanding of the environmental, ethical and economic contexts in which the sector operates.
- learn how you could contribute to some of the issues that affect the modern world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative Physiology
- Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Animal Conservation
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animals and Climate Change
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
30 June, 18:00 (UK time) – the final deadline for late applications with course choices
DisciplinesAnimal Sciences View 169 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 4 Highers at BBCC to include Biology or Chemistry.
- Applicants should be able to offer National 5 (A-C) or equivalent pass in English (for literacy) and in Maths (for numeracy).
- Apply through UCAS
- Student finance (UK and EU applicants only)
- Full education history
- Your employment history
- Write a personal statement
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
RUK - 6,950 GBP
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.