Learn to harness your creativity and get set to push the boundaries of games making by studying in the UK’s first UNESCO City of Design. Get your degree from one of the most prestigious game design schools in the world.
- Work alongside artists, programmers and audio specialists in small development teams to design and develop computer games
- Study the historical context and fundamentals of game design, interaction and narrative theory
- Develop professional skills in level design, concept development, project management and entrepreneurship
- Learn how interactive entertainment products are designed, developed and marketed
You’ll be encouraged to work creatively and professionally as a game designer, communicating concepts through prototypes, game assets, documentation and presentations, in addition to honing your communication and management skills through multidisciplinary projects.
We work closely with leading game developers such as 4J Studios, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Microsoft and Ubisoft, making graduates from this course highly employable within the games industry.
Previous Abertay graduates have found employment as:
- Game designers
- Associate producers
- Quality assurance testers
- Community managers
These roles are spread across a variety of projects, including AAA games, independent, mobile and online marketplaces. The production and leadership theme of the programme has also thrust entrepreneurial graduates towards forming their own companies in the games or media sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Game Concepts
- Game Art Production
- Game Engines and the Principles of Programming
- Quality Assurance and User Experience
- Game Studies And Criticism
- Gameplay and Narrative Design
- 3D Design for Games
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Management Studies Video Games & Animation View 1303 other Bachelors in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Abertay University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Cambridge FCE/CAE/CPE - overall score of 169 on Cambridge Grading Scale
- International Baccalaureate - English B at S5 or H4, English A no specific grade required
- European Baccalaureate - English Language 1 at grade 6 or English Language 2 at grade 7
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
England, Northern Ireland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland: £9250
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.