These courses take the student through the atomic and molecular nature of matter and ultimately focus on the behaviors of matter in living systems.
The chemistry is supported by solid coursework in mathematics, physics and biology. It stresses breadth with fewer required chemistry courses than a Bachelor of Science degree but good scientists also need to be exposed to the arts, the social sciences, and humanities.
Biochemistry students at Ferris State University should have a particular interest in and aptitude for science, especially as it pertains to living systems, and a desire to explore the connections with other fields of knowledge. Advanced students may participate in independent study and undergraduate research projects.
In these days of rapid advances in the biosciences-from genetically engineered agricultural products to artificial photosynthesis to DNA fingerprinting-there are few careers that have no connection to chemistry and biochemistry. A BA in Biochemistry can prepare a student for a number of professional schools including medical, dental, veterinarian, even law school. Biochemists are often employed as research assistants in industry, government, education and health service.
It can also be a very useful degree for individuals who are considering careers in interdisciplinary fields, for example, marketing new technologies, technical writing/communication, forensic analysis and so on. A major in biochemistry provides an education in a dynamic field with applications to suit a wide variety of personal career goals.
Programme StructureCourse include:
- General Biology
- Principles of Genetics
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Biochemistry Lab
- Physical Chemistry
- Advanced Biochemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 2053 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
- First year student admission is open to high school graduates (or equivalent) who demonstrate academic preparedness, maturity and seriousness of purpose with educational backgrounds appropriate to their chosen program of study.
- High school courses and grade point average, ACT composite score, and ACT reading and mathematics subscores will be considered in the admission and placement process.
- Transfer students must have at least 12 credits at the time of application with a minimum 2.0 overall GPA including an English and mathematics course, or they must provide their high school records and ACT scores for admission review.
International20552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20552 USD per year during 48 months.
National12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Big Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.