Today's nurses must be knowledgeable and analytical, caring and creative. They are key members—and often the leaders—of teams of health care professionals. The College of Nursing & Health Sciences provides the comprehensive education, both theoretical and practical, needed in this challenging and rewarding profession.
As an incoming student in the Nursing program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, you will be assigned a faculty advisor who understands your career goals and will work with you throughout the entire program.
In your first year, you'll experience your first nursing course and build a strong core of knowledge in select science courses.Before you go into the field, our modern nursing lab provides you with the tools and equipment you’ll need to:
- assess patients
- interact with colleagues
- utilize complex care management software
Years two and three feature clinical, in-the-field placements at partner sites throughout the region, including hospitals, clinics, and long-term care facilities. During your final year, you’ll be paired with a registered nurse. This partnership allows you to provide real care to real patients. Your mentor will be by your side for advice and encouragement.
It all adds up to a nationally recognized, competitive program that is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and is recommended by the American Nurses Association.
- First year: you will be introduced to core nursing concepts, values, and beliefs—and your university studies in the sciences and liberal arts will provide a strong foundation for concepts you will encounter in the study of nursing.
- Second year: you will begin to acquire the skills in observation and communication necessary to assess an individual’s needs, set measurable and realistic goals of nursing care, and utilize evidence-based interventions to maximize health.
- Third year: emphasizes the transfer and application of knowledge in clinical situations. You will develop skills in caring for acutely ill adults, childbearing and childrearing families in the hospital and community, and populations at risk in communities. The family as a unit of care, as well as populations at risk in communities, become the foci for the nursing process.
- Senior year: you will learn how to collaborate with members of the healthcare team, advocate for the needs of patients, and intervene to shape the healthcare environment. You will refine the skills required to manage the complex health needs of individuals, groups, and populations. The emphasis is on the analysis and synthesis of knowledge to maximize health.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Scholarly Inquiry
- Holistic Health Assessment
- Common Health Problems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 1182 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
- Complete and submit your application
- Submit secondary and/or post-secondary sealed official transcripts translated into English
- Submit an official SAT or ACT score report
- All non-native speakers of English must demonstrate English language proficiency
- Send us an essay or personal statement of up to 500 words on a topic of your choice; you can complete this as part of the Common Application
- Accepted international students need an I-20 document in order to enter the United States
International30153 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30153 USD per year during 48 months.
National30153 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30153 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14408 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.