You can tailor your degree to your own interests, learning how to write novels, write for the stage, screen and broadcast, write short stories and non-fiction, write poetry, writing as a career and exploring styles and genres.
The English with Creative Writing course also allows you to explore a variety of English Literature topics including gothic and genre fiction, gender and culture, renaissance literature, national and global literatures, and contemporary writing.
Teaching is through creative writing workshops and you will have the chance to pursue a personal project in an area that especially interests you.
You will be taught by experienced writers with established reputations whose works have been widely published, broadcast and performed and by academic staff internationally recognized for their research.
You will also have an academic mentor for any pastoral and academic support you may need, and the English Student Society at Swansea organises a range of literary, social and cultural events.
Students on this English Literature with Creative Writing (Hons) degree from Swansea University typically develop excellent oral and writing skills and you will learn to present your ideas in a range of formats, along with strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our graduates enter careers in a wide range of sectors including:
- Media and public relations
- Project administration
- Public services
- Monsters, Theories, Transformations
- Creative Writing: Fiction Genres
- English Essentials
- Creative Writing: Styles of Fiction
- The Stage Play World
Grammar and Meaning
- Language Teaching Methodology
- Ovid's Metamorphoses. The Transformations of Mythology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Literature View 259 other Bachelors in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our standard entry requirement is BBB (UCAS tariff points 120) or equivalent. All offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement. We also accept a range of advanced level qualifications including: International Baccalaureate 32; Welsh Baccalaureate - grade equivalent to A-level; Access to Higher Education and Open University qualifications, and Extended Project.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.