You can tailor your degree to your own interests, learning how to write novels, write for the stage, screen and broadcast, write short stories and non-fiction, write poetry, writing as a career and exploring styles and genres.
The English with Creative Writing course also allows you to explore a variety of English Literature topics including gothic and genre fiction, gender and culture, renaissance literature, national and global literatures, and contemporary writing.
Teaching is through creative writing workshops and you will have the chance to pursue a personal project in an area that especially interests you.
You will be taught by experienced writers with established reputations whose works have been widely published, broadcast and performed and by academic staff internationally recognized for their research.
You will also have an academic mentor for any pastoral and academic support you may need, and the English Student Society at Swansea organises a range of literary, social and cultural events.
Students on this English Literature with Creative Writing (Hons) degree from Swansea University typically develop excellent oral and writing skills and you will learn to present your ideas in a range of formats, along with strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our graduates enter careers in a wide range of sectors including:
- Media and public relations
- Project administration
- Public services
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Monsters, Theories, Transformations
- Creative Writing: Fiction Genres
- English Essentials
- Creative Writing: Styles of Fiction
- The Stage Play World
- Language Teaching Methodology
- The sound system of English
- American Literature and Culture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Literature View 596 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our standard entry requirement is BBB (UCAS tariff points 120) or equivalent. All offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement.
- We also accept a range of advanced level qualifications including: International Baccalaureate 32; Welsh Baccalaureate - grade equivalent to A-level; Access to Higher Education and Open University qualifications, and Extended Project.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15400 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.