The BSc Computer Games Design and Development (Hons) at Cardiff Metropolitan University provides you with an understanding of how games are designed and developed, in addition to the transferable knowledge and skills you can take forward in your career as games technology advances.
You will be exposed to the latest tools and technologies used in industry, as well as work on a number of game projects targeted at different hardware platforms. As you progress through the course, you will learn the skills that will allow you to explore and develop your own game ideas as well as understand the business and employment opportunities that exist in the games industry.
- The primary aim of this degree programme is to develop theoretical understanding of the key concepts of computer games development and design. It will showcase the wider impact and importance of games software and technology to both society and the UK and global digital economy. Students will develop highly transferable computational thinking, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as a broad range of software development skills.
- Graduates will find a wide variety of career opportunities both within the computer games sector and also the broader entertainment and media industries. More general developer roles may be found in the majority of the other industrial sectors (both public and private), including financial and professional services, advanced manufacturing, engineering and management consultancy. Graduates from the course have been employed within the games sector, for example Cloud Imperium and Ubisoft, and other sectors, for example DTM Global and CGI.
- Games Industry Practice
- Game Systems Fundamentals
- Principles of Programming
- Computational Thinking
- Developing Quality Software and Systems
- Architectures and Operating Systems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGraphic Design Video Games & Animation Software Engineering View 288 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Five GCSE passes including English Language and Mathematics* at grade C or above (grade 4 or above for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England), plus 96 points from at least two A levels (or equivalent).
Typical offers may include:
- 96 UCAS points from at least two A Levels to include grades CC; Welsh Baccalaureate – Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate considered as the third subject
- RQF BTEC National Extended Diploma/Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma Merit Merit Merit
- 96 points from the Irish Leaving Certificate at Highers to include 2 x H2 grades, minimum H4 grade at Higher counted towards points offer
- 96 points from at least two Scottish Advanced Highers to include DD grades
- 96 points from the Access to Higher Education Diploma
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.