You will be exposed to the state-of-the art theories, technologies and research that will shape and transform society over the next decade. You will gain a solid grounding in the theoretical foundations of information, technology and systems applied to modern business environments. At a higher level, this programme will prepare you for graduate work by showcasing the impact and importance of information systems to the UK and global digital economy.
The BSc Business Information Systems (Hons) degree of Cardiff Metropolitan University begins by developing fundamental programming skills and moves on to apply these skills on web-based applications. Broadening options will address the design of information systems for global business, data and knowledge management, multimedia and interaction, marketing, strategic management, cyber security and business intelligence.
- The primary aim of this degree programme is to develop your knowledge and expertise in the analysis, development and application of information systems. It will showcase the wider impact and importance of informatics and technology to both society as well as the UK and global digital economy, alongside developing highly transferable computational thinking, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as a broad range of business and data skills.
- Business Information Systems graduates will find a wide variety of career opportunities across both the traditional IT and telecoms sector, as well as the majority of the other industrial sectors, including the digital/creative industries, financial and professional services, management consultancy and across the wider public sector. Real world experience can be obtained as part of your study by completing an optional sandwich year placement / industrial internships. Over the past few years, our students have been successful in obtaining placements in nationally competitive schemes with Microsoft, HP, General Electric and the Met Office.
- Information Systems
- Business in a Global Context
- Building for the Web
- Computing & Society
- Computational Thinking
- Developing Quality Software & Systems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems Cyber Security View 179 other Bachelors in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Five GCSE passes including English Language and Mathematics* at grade C or above (grade 4 or above for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England), plus 96 points from at least 2 A levels (or equivalent).
Typical offers may include:
- 96 points from at least two A levels to include grades CC; Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma considered as the third subject
- RQF BTEC National Extended Diploma/Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma Merit Merit Merit
- 96 points from at least two Scottish Advanced Highers to include grades DD
- 96 points from the Irish Leaving Certificate at Highers to include 2 x H2 grades. Higher level subjects only considered with a minimum grade H4
- 96 points from the Access to Higher Education Diploma
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.