Podiatrists are healthcare professionals who specialise in the foot, ankle and leg, leading patient care through the whole journey including prevention, diagnosis and treatment, with the aim of improving mobility, independence and quality of life for patients.
The BSc Podiatry (Hons) degree from Cardiff Metropolitan University includes integrated theoretical study and clinical training, with varied on-site clinics and placement opportunities giving students the opportunity to complete 1,000 clinical hours across the duration of the course. Achieving this requirement, and award of the degree enables new graduates to demonstrate that they have met the Standards of Proficiency necessary to become eligible to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) for registration as a podiatrist.
Graduates from the BSc (Hons) Podiatry programme are qualified to practise as podiatrists (subject to registration with the Health and Care Professions Council after graduation). The course has a good reputation throughout the UK, and the most recent figures show that 90% of our graduates were employed in podiatry posts six months after finishing the course. There is demand for podiatrists both in the NHS and in the private sector. Graduates may also choose to progress to postgraduate study within the department. There are also opportunities to work abroad.
- Podiatric Medicine
- Musculoskeletal Studies
- Professional Development
- Research and Governance
- Clinical Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 495 other Bachelors in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Cardiff Metropolitan University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Five GCSEs including English Language, Mathematics or Mathematics - Numeracy and Science at grade C / grade 4 or above, a recent Enhanced DBS Disclosure check, Hepatitis B and tetanus vaccinations, plus 96 - 112 points from at least 2 A levels (or equivalent). Typical offers may include:
- 96 - 112 points from at least 2 A-levels to include grades CC, one to be in a Biological Science subject; Welsh Baccalaureate – Advanced Skills Challenge
- RQF BTEC National Extended Diploma / Cambridge Technical Extended MMM - DMM within a Biological Science subject
- 96 - 112 points from at least 2 Scottish Advanced Highers to include grades DD, one to be in a Biological Science subject
- 96 - 112 points from the Irish Leaving Certificate at Highers to include 3 x H2 grades, one to be in a Biological Science subject with a minimum grade H4 for Highers
- 96 - 112 points from the Access to Higher Education Diploma within a Science subject covering sufficient Biology content.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.