Graduates of the BSc Biomedical Science (Hons) degree from Cardiff Metropolitan University will also be equipped to find employment in a variety of contexts, including pathology laboratories, research laboratories, the food industry, forensic science, pharmaceuticals, health and safety, commerce and teaching. In addition, many of our graduates have gone on to study for higher degrees, including graduate entry medicine and dentistry degrees, and further professional qualifications.
This course is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology for the purpose of meeting in part the academic and experience requirement for Membership and Chartered Biologist (CBiol).
- Biomedical Science is a continually changing, dynamic scientific discipline concerned with understanding how diseases develop and how they may affect the normal functioning of the body. The aim of this discipline is the investigation of the disease process and, ultimately, the development of methods for monitoring, diagnosing, treating and preventing disease.
- Graduates may use their expert scientific knowledge and analytical skills to investigate diseases such as diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. They are able to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment and support the research and development of new diagnostic tests or pharmaceutical products.
- Graduates will be equipped to find employment in a variety of contexts, including pathology laboratories, research laboratories, the food industry, forensic science, pharmaceuticals, health and safety, commerce and teaching. In addition, many of our graduates have gone on to study for higher degrees, including graduate entry medicine and dentistry degrees, and further professional qualifications.
- Key Skills & Concepts for Biomedical Science
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Cell Biology & Genetics
- Infection & Immunity
- Experimental Data Analysis
- Personal & Professional Development
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 180 other Bachelors in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Five GCSEs including English Language (or Welsh First Language), Mathematics* and Science at grade C or above / grade 4 or above plus 112 points from at least 2 A levels (or equivalent).
Typical offers may include:
- 112 points from at least 2 A levels to include grades CC in Biology and an equivalent Science; Welsh Baccalaureate – Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate considered as a third subject
- RQF BTEC National Extended Diploma/Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma DMM within Applied Science
- 112 points from at least 2 Scottish Advanced Highers to include grades DD in Biology and an equivalent Science. Scottish Highers are also considered.
- 112 points from the Irish Leaving Certificate at Highers to include grade H2 in both Biology and an equivalent Science. Higher level subjects considered only with a minimum grade H4
- 112 points from the Access to Higher Education Diploma within a Science subject covering sufficient Biology
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.