During the Secondary education (Honours) program at Monash University , you will learn how adolescents think and learn and hence how they can be effectively and creatively taught. Education studies, including contemporary adolescent development, psychology and the social and cultural context of secondary education, will provide you with the foundations for implementing effective classroom teaching practice. You will develop a rich repertoire of strategies for promoting students' learning and for diagnosing and assessing their progress, and acquire the skills needed for curriculum planning, implementation and evaluation.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge, skills and capabilities relevant to your specialisation and discipline(s)
- understand education policy, theories, research principles and methods and apply these to pedagogical practice
- understand and implement relevant curriculum and pedagogy for learners in Australian and international contexts
- understand the ways in which environmental, social and economic conditions of learners influence their education
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the educational issues associated with diversity and inclusion
- develop teaching and learning strategies and understandings that encompass differentiated and inclusive approaches appropriate for diverse learners in varied contexts, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and their histories, languages and cultures
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Early childhood and primary education
- Primary education
- Primary and secondary education
- Primary and secondary inclusive education
- Primary and secondary health and physical education
- Secondary health and physical education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Secondary Education View 14 other Bachelors in Special Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Monash University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS: 082360G
- All Monash undergraduate courses require you to have successfully completed a minimum of an Australian Year 12 qualification (or equivalent) and achieve the required academic entry score. Most Monash faculties generally use your most recent studies for admission however other guidelines may apply where your prior qualification may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35700 AUD per year during 48 months.
National27400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27400 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.