Are you passionate about education, with ideas and a desire to engage and inspire young minds? If so, Education at Monash is for you. Whether you choose to specialise in early childhood, primary or secondary education – or a combination of these – you will graduate ready for a rewarding and successful career.
In an Australian first, students in every specialisation earn an Honours degree. Learning from today's leaders in education, you emerge with a highly respected qualification that equips you to become one of tomorrow's education leaders. Furthermore, if you choose to study for a fifth year – either immediately or in the future – you will be able to qualify with an advanced Master's degree, putting you ahead of the game.
Outcomes of the Primary and secondary education (Honours) specialisation at Monash University
Across all specialisations, you will develop the skills needed to become a critical and effective educator and the research capabilities for advanced professional practice into the future.
There is always a demand for excellent teachers in early childhood, school and community settings. An education degree also provides an excellent basis for diverse careers in youth and community education, community arts, publishing, government, and education services and management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to teaching and learning
- Understanding students as learners
- Beyond the classroom: Local and global learning
- Education policy and practice
- Planning for teaching and learning
- Assessing teaching and learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- For Domestic students there are also late and very late application periods.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 67 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 082360G
- All Monash undergraduate courses require you to have successfully completed a minimum of an Australian Year 12 qualification (or equivalent) and achieve the required academic entry score. Most Monash faculties generally use your most recent studies for admission however other guidelines may apply where your prior qualification may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 AUD per year during 48 months.
National26100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26100 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.