Business management qualifications open doors and are considered essential whether you are looking to pursue a career in business, or achieve higher levels of responsibility in your current work.
The Business Management (Hons) (Law) programme at the University of Bolton offers a strong grounding in an essential range of contemporary business management subjects combined with the opportunity to focus your studies in the final year. When you successfully complete the course you’ll also receive the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
By studying core modules that are common between all our BSc (Hons) Business Management programmes, you’ll be exposed to key concepts in business law and areas such as leadership and people management, marketing, strategic management, information systems and big data, project management, finance, innovation and enterprise. This solid foundation will support your advanced studies into company law, corporate governance, and the employment relationship.
Developing your employability is a key focus of this dynamic and flexible programme. Real-life case studies, guest speakers and industry visits are designed to help you to understand the business environment and the needs of employers in local, national and international contexts. We’ll support you to develop sought-after skills such as communication, data analysis, time management, team working and problem solving.
We also aim to help you develop lifelong learning skills so that you can take ownership of your professional development for the future, maximising your potential for success.
Our BSc (Hons) in Business Management (Law) is not a qualifying law degree (QLD) and does not exempt you from the academic stage of legal training for the Law Society and Bar Council. If you are interested in studying for a QLD please visit our LLB (Hons) Law course pages.
- Our team of highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic business management lecturers offer face-to-face sessions and one-to-one support, ensuring you can access help and advice when you need it.
- On successful completion of this dual award course you’ll receive both an academic degree and a professionally-recognised management qualification – the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management. You don’t need to take extra exams or coursework to achieve the Diploma – we combine our degree module and CMI assessments streamlining your route to both qualifications.
- This course is part of our Business Management suite of degrees. All students study the same modules at the first two levels of the course to gain an in depth knowledge of the major business disciplines. At Honours level, you can follow the specialist pathway in Law, choose to transfer to one of our other specialist pathways in Enterprise, People Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing or Retail, or follow the core Business Management route.
- Face-to-face sessions and one-to-one support is offered by our team of highly experienced and enthusiastic lecturers who have worked in a wide range of businesses ranging from multinational organisation to SMEs.
- The University offers excellent 24/7 library and IT facilities, WiFi, and well-appointed learning areas.
Alternative career optionsGraduates can also use the qualification as a stepping stone to enter a range of other careers, and for some of these roles, both relevant experience and/or postgraduate study may be required. Some of these careers include:
- Hotel and leisure management
- Public relations
- Financial management
- Information systems
- Market research analysis
- Product management
- Health policy and information
- Teaching and education
- Media (TV, film, online, newspaper, magazine)
- Auditing and quality assurance
- Project management
- Risk and insurance
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional and Academic Skills Development
- Business Law
- Business Environment
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing
- Information Systems and Big Data Analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Law View 1205 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 104 UCAS points. Please see our guide to the UCAS Tariff for examples of how to achieve these points.
- Any subjects are acceptable at Level 3.
- You should also have five GCSEs at grade C or above or grade 4 to 9 (or equivalent) including English Language.
- If you have non-traditional entry qualifications and relevant experience, or a suitable portfolio of work that we consider a reasonable substitute for the qualifications we typically accept for this course, then we will be happy to consider your application.
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37350 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27750 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.