Early Years Childhood Studies (Hons) (Top up) offered by the University of Bolton is what you’re looking for if you’re an early years practitioner who has successfully completed a Foundation Degree in Early Years and Childhood Studies and you want to top-up to achieve an Honours-level qualification. You'll enhance your existing knowledge, ready to achieve the status of BA (Hons) Early Years and Childhood Studies (Top-up) graduate.
Making the link between your course content and real-life situations is crucial to your understanding of early childhood studies. Using their wealth of experience from a wide range of settings, highly-qualified professional tutors will guide you through the theories and research that underpin early years' practice and legislation. In some modules, you may be taught alongside professionals who work in related services and professions. Such connections help promote the multi-agency team approach that is such an important part of the early years' childhood agenda.
You'll explore areas such as children’s health and wellbeing, and management and leadership in the early years, and focus on enhancing your research skills and understanding.
Students at Early Years Childhood Studies (Hons) (Top-up) offered by the University of Bolton will:
- be opened up to higher-level career opportunities in the early years' sector, or be given an honours-level qualification
- have the chance to undertake a research project focusing on an area of early years and childhood that is particularly interesting to them.
- have opportunities to learn through role-play, which is a great way to develop and practice their skills and understanding.
- Theories and Approaches to Learning in the Early Years
- Developing Children’s Health and Wellbeing
- Leadership and Management in the Early Years
- Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarly Childhood Education Childhood Studies View 126 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You’ll have successfully completed a relevant qualification at Level HE5, such as a Foundation Degree (FdA) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Early Years and Childhood Studies, or a professional qualification at an equivalent level.
- You’ll be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Bolton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.