The Technology and Engineering Education program from Millersville University of Pennsylvania is the perfect fit for students who appreciate practical, hands-on technology and wish to share that passion with others. This teacher-training program will prepare you to lead a broad range of courses in K-12 technology & engineering education.
Students can build a deeper understanding of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education through a new, optional Engineering Design Education concentration in this major.
Graduates receive a Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.E) degree and are eligible for Pennsylvania teacher certification in Technology Education, which enables them to teach all courses in this content area such as computer-aided drafting and design (CADD), graphic communication, manufacturing and materials, STEM, engineering design, energy and power, transportation, electronics, automation, robotics and much more.
You also have the option to continue your study at MU as the applied engineering, safety & technology department offers a Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Technology & Innovation degree program.
Millersville University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and approved by the American Association of University Women.
- Technology and Engineering Teacher
- Software Engineer
- Product Manager
- Industrial Designer
- Operations Engineer
- Data Scientist
Programme StructureWhat Will You Learn?
- The Technology & Engineering Education program at Millersville University incorporates core technology and engineering courses with diverse education requirements. General education courses support a liberal arts foundation, technical courses build content knowledge and professional courses immerse students in field experiences with K-12 students.
- Technology & Engineering Education students have the advantage of taking hands-on classes in more than 10 different laboratories in Osburn Hall including graphic communication, materials and production, energy and power, electronics, automation and CADD. There is also an integrative STEM lab, innovation lab and seminar classroom where teacher candidates engage in design, problem-solving and teaching methods courses.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It's recommended to apply at least two months prior to the beginning of the start of a semester.
DisciplinesEducation General Engineering & Technology View 3791 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of Passport Biographical Page
- Proof of Financial Support
International22220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11110 USD per semester during 48 months.
National22220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11110 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State10336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5168 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Millersville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.