Law is taken jointly with one Arts subject for the final two years of the programme. Students can choose from a wide range of Arts subjects including languages and other areas within the humanities and social sciences.
Students receive an excellent grounding in core law subjects, while also retaining the flexibility to customise their own academic path.
Flexibility and choice: BCL students who successfully complete the first year of the programme have the option of transferring into the second year of the LLB programme (MH501).
Students of the BCL (Law and Arts) program from Maynooth University may apply to complete a work placement year in a law firm (subject to availability) or a year studying abroad at one of our international partner institutions.
Students interested in a law career will be in a position to take exams for entrance to the Honorable Society of King’s Inns in order to begin training as a barrister and are eligible to progress to take the Law Society of Ireland’s FE1 examinations to begin training as a solicitor.
- Studying law also opens up a whole range of career options outside of being a lawyer such as journalism; policy development; business and finance; management consulting; the Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) sector; and national and international public administration (such as at the EU or UN).
- The School of Law and Criminology offers a wide range of postgraduate study options from Criminology to International BusinessLaw. Departments offering Arts subjects typically provide postgraduate opportunities at Master’s and Doctoral levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Constitutional Law
- Contract Law
- Criminal Law
- Legal Research
- Law of Torts
- Legal Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Legal Studies View 57 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Maynooth University and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official academic transcripts and diplomas
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation (x2) for postgraduate students only
- English proof of proficiency (if required). If your score is pending you may submit your application for review and send your score later.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.