Why Study This Program?
We strive to achieve this through enlightened and comprehensive curricula, modern facilities and equipment, meaningful opportunities for students to engage in extracurricular activities, and by attentiveness to inter- and cross-disciplinary trends and opportunities for student engagement.
Students in the Earth Sciences at Millersville University of Pennsylvania have complete access to state-of-the-art networked computers and research-grade instruments and equipment and the department also maintains licenses for FORTRAN 95, Interactive Data Language (IDL), MatLab, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), and has the latest versions of interactive data visualization applications for education and research.
Graduates of the Department of Earth Sciences do extremely well, no matter what path they take after Millersville, be it graduate school, the private sector, the military or as civil servants. Many of the department’s graduates comment that their educational experiences at Millersville provided superior preparation compared to their peers at other institutions.
- Environmental Engineer
- Water Resource Specialist
- Soil and Plant Scientist
- Natural Science Manager
- Geothermal Technician
These programs stand out in a variety of ways, including:
- The Meteorology curriculum conforms to the American Meteorological Society's Guidelines for a B.S. in Meteorology and the GS-1340 National Weather Service requirements.
- The Oceanography program, the only one in the State System of Higher Education, is a founding member of the Marine Science Consortium located on Wallops Island, VA, where oceanography students spend part of their summers onboard a 46-foot research vessel.
- The Geology curriculum provides practical experiences in traditional geology, and has recently unveiled a new option in Environmental Geology.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It's recommended to apply at least two months prior to the beginning of the start of a semester.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 602 other Bachelors in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of Passport Biographical Page
- Proof of Financial Support
International22220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22220 USD per year during 48 months.
National22220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22220 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10336 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Millersville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.