Why study this course with us?
- The Performing Arts course at the University of Chester is taught by a knowledgeable group of staff who come from a wide variety of performance backgrounds, which will enable you to draw from a wide variety of skillsets and knowledge bases in order to help craft your own niche in this field.
- While the course will focus on live performance in dance and drama, you will also learn about interactivity and the use of technology in performance, using the latest software and hardware.
The course is designed to produce multi-skilled, employable graduates who are able to work in many areas across the performing arts industries, as well as in other professions. The department has an impressive record on employability, our focus being on graduate skills throughout.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureModules include:
- Studio Practices 1
- Introduction to Digital Performance
- Introduction to Physical and Vocal Techniques
- Introduction to the Study of Performanc
- Performance and Technology.
- Performance Practice
- Dance Making and Choreography
- Studio Practices 2
- Somatic Movement Practices
- Dance Teaching and Professional Development
- Urban and Street Dance
- Applied Practices
- Interpretation: performing through text
- Theoretical Study
- Movement and Voice for Performers
- Site Specific Practices
- Live Art
- Interactive Intermedia Performance
- Performing Musical Theatre
- Pedagogy and Policy
- Creative Practice
- Emerging Dance Ensemble: Studio towards performance
- Actors Workshop.
- 36 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 280 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points - 112
- GCE A-level - 112 UCAS points from GCE A Levels or equivalent. Typical offer - BCC/BBC. One required: Drama, Drama and Theatre St., Performing Arts, Performance St.
- BTEC - BTEC Extended Diploma (Performing Arts): DMM, BTEC Diploma (Performing Arts): D*D*.
- I.B - 26 with 5 in HL Theatre Arts.
- OCR - OCR National Extended/Diploma plus one of the GCE A Level from above.
- Maximum of 8 UCAS points from GCE AS Levels and that the Welsh Bacc. and A Level Gen. St. will be recognised. A combination of A Levels and BTECs/OCRs will be considered.
- Audition involving group workshop.
- If you do not meet the requirements, you can be accepted provided you impress at the auditions.
- IELTS - 6 with no score less than 5.5.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12450 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.