Studying Computer Science (Hons) at Coventry University will provide you with opportunities to learn a combination of theory and practice in classic areas of computer science, as well as examine some of the new and exciting areas of development including machine-learning, artificial intelligence, data science and app development.
The practical nature of the course aims to place an emphasis on your future employability, with an aim to developing a wide range of technical, analytical, design and professional skills, many of which are may be gained from activity-led learning projects and placement experiences. The technical content is usually regularly reviewed and updated to reflect what is currently important and in demand in industry.
Your final year project will give you an opportunity to familiarise yourself with working professionally in industry in a chosen specialist field. This should allow you to build up a portfolio of evidence which can be presented at future job interviews to help demonstrate the expected expertise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming and Algorithms
Theory Of Computation
Operating Systems and Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- 30 June - Late applications deadline
- 4 July - UCAS Extra closes
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 1056 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level: BBB to include one from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Computer Science, Computing or Design Technology. Excludes General Studies.
- BTEC: DMM in IT or a technical subject.
- IB Diploma: 29 points to include either Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Design Technology, or IT at Higher level.
- Access Grades: The Access to HE Diploma to include 30 Level 3 credits in either Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Statistics. Plus GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade 4 or above.
- GCSE requirement: Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade 9-4 including English and Mathematics, or specified equivalents.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18050 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.