Why study this course with us?
- The International Relations and Geography course at the University of Chester offers a unique blend of theoretical and practical skills to help students understand the changing nature of the world around us. The programme exists in a multidisciplinary Department that exposes students to diverse perspectives.
- The Programme Team comprises of active researchers. We arrange extracurricular activities including visits to political institutions. We also pride ourselves on our approachability and desire to support students to realise their full potential in a safe environment that is conducive to debate and reflection on the issues of the day.
- Our distinct, contemporary, course offers a balanced coverage of physical and human geography with opportunities to specialise in a broad range of topics. It provides the opportunity for specialist degree training in aspects of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS); focuses on transferable, employment-related skills and knowledge; provides UK residential fieldwork alongside opportunities for overseas fieldwork; uses the latest technological innovations in classroom and fieldwork contexts; and offers a wide variety of assessment types.
Ensuring our graduates are trained in the skills employers want and need is central to the Geography programme. Student destinations have included consultancy, local government, teaching, NGOs, the water industry and many more. We use our extensive alumni network to further support our programme with guest lectures, work placements, careers events and more.
Graduates of this programme will be well-prepared for roles and responsibilities that require careful assessment of topics and agendas of; migration war, terrorism, power, diplomacy, international trade, poverty, and international cooperation. Graduates may also go on to further study in a range of disciplines that deal with topics such as the changing political, economic and cultural relations within the international system of the modern era.
- Economic Thought and International Politics
- Thinking about Politics and International Relations
- Security Studies
- Race and the Modern World
- Global Politics and International Relations
- United States: Politics and Cultures
- Diplomacy and Peace-Building
- The Study Abroad Experience
- Enhancing your Employability through Work Based Learning
- International Political Economy
- The Art of WarMajor
- Africa in the World
- 36 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography International Relations View 570 other Bachelors in International Relations in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points - 112
- GCE A-level - 112 UCAS points from GCE A Levels or equivalent, including Geography, Geology, Environmental Sc, Social Sc, World Development, Applied Sc. Offer - BCC/BBC.
- BTEC - BTEC Extended Diploma (Applied Science - Environmental) - DMM, BTEC Diploma (Applied Science - Environmental) - D*D*.
- I.B - 26 points, including 5 or above in HL Geography.
- OCR - OCR National Extended/Diploma: merit profile plus one of the GCE A level subjects above.
- The University accepts a maximum of 8 UCAS points from GCE AS Levels and that the Welsh Baccalaureate (core) and A Level General Studies will be recognised in the offer. A combination of A Levels and BTECs/OCRs will be considered.
International12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.