The Department prides itself on its approachable staff and varied teaching strategies, which external examiners and current students consistently praise highly. In using a student-centred approach, the Department produces graduates with subject expertise and career potential. The practical and applied nature of the course is a major feature.
Why study this course with us?
In recent years, the sports, recreation and leisure industries have shown continued growth. International success and the growing health agenda has ensured that investment and interest in sport and exercise in the UK continues to increase substantially.
Therefore, the Education Studies and Sport and Exercise Sciences course offered by the University of Chester is designed with two core principles in mind. Firstly, the development of knowledge, applied skills and analytical techniques in the conventional sub-disciplines of sport and exercise sciences. Secondly, the orientation of studies around vocational opportunities and practices, including PE, sports management, development, coaching, health promotion, leisure and recreation, as well as sport science support and sport and exercise sciences generally.
Education Studies graduates enter a variety of education related jobs including teaching. Some students develop careers in : traning staff in industry, coaching, management, Art therapy, museums and galleries, educational research as well as general graduate entry jobs e.g. banking, insurance, retail, recruitment, marketing, leisure.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Exercise Physiology
- Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Introduction to the Sociology of Sport and Exercise
- Introduction to Sports Coaching and Pedagogy
- Introduction to Biomechanics and Kinesiology in Sport
- Research Methods and Study Skills in Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Measurement and Evaluation in Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Sport Psychology
- Contemporary Issues in Sport
- Sports Coaching and Pedagogy
- Biomechanics and Notational Analysis in Sport
- Research Methods in Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Applied Experience in Sports Science
- Enhancing your Employability through Work Based Learning
- 36 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sports Sciences View 549 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points - 112
- GCE A-level - 112 UCAS points from GCE A Levels or equivalent. Offer - BCC/BBC.
- BTEC - BTEC Extended Diploma/Diploma (Sport and Exercise Sciences, Sport Development or Applied Science): Typical offer - DMM.
- IB. - 26 points.
- Access to HE Diploma, to include 45 credits at level 3, 30 of which must be at Merit or above.
- OCR - OCR National Extended Diploma (Sport): Merit 2, OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma (Sport) - DMM, OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma (Sport) - D*D*.
- The University accepts a maximum of 8 UCAS points from GCE AS Levels and that the Welsh Baccalaureate (core) and A Level General Studies will be recognised in the offer. A combination of A Levels and BTECs/OCRs is considered.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12450 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.