Sport and Exercise Science (Hons) course from University of Derby gives you a strong foundation in the science behind sport and exercise, including the roles of biomechanics, physiology and psychology in sport performance. As your studies progress, you'll be able to choose from specialised areas such as nutrition, physical activity and health, injury rehabilitation, and strength and conditioning.
Along with your subject-specific knowledge, you’ll graduate with a wide range of transferable skills – such as communication, problem-solving, research and presentation skills – which will stand you in good stead wherever your career takes you.
Our recent sport and exercise science graduates now enjoy roles as cardiac physiologist assistants, sports coaches, health advisors, physiotherapy assistants and performance analysts. Some have secured employment on the basis of their success on work placements and internships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coaching and Skill Acquisition
- Principles of Sports Biomechanics
- Academic and Research Skills for Sport and Exercise
- Principles of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Principles of Sport and Exercise
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 501 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points - 128 (up to 16 from AS-levels).
- Specific requirements at A-level - At least a C in Biology or PE at A-level (or equivalent qualification)
- Specific requirements at GCSE - GCSE Maths and English Grade C/Grade 4 (or above) or equivalent qualification
Alternative entry qualitications:
- BTEC - DDM
- Access to HE Diploma 60 credits: 45 at level 3 with a minimum of Dist: 15 Merit: 24 Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Part-time UK students - £1,155 per module
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.