Upon completion of the Podiatry (Hons) course from the University of Northampton you will be equipped to establish and run your own clinical practice and will have a wide variety of work opportunities both in the UK and overseas.
The course comprises theory and clinical studies modules. At the end of stage one you will undertake a local placement which is preceded by pre-clinical studies. During the second stage you will undertake orthopaedic and physical medicine clinics in-house as well as completing local and national placements. During the final stage you will have the opportunity to practice at several specialist clinics which include at risk, sports and paediatrics. You will be trained to undertake selected procedures under local anaesthesia. At the final stage of the course you will have the opportunity to attend to injuries at the London Marathon under the guidance of academic staff.
The course aims to develop your skills through clinical activity and rigorous academic content, this combination will help to transform you into the highest quality practitioner.
- An insight into the diverse range of job opportunities may be shown by where our staff team have worked in National Health podiatric surgical consultancies, multidisciplinary diabetic clinics (NHS), orthopaedic triage (NHS), podiatric day case surgery teams, private practice I-Woverseas, sports medicine practice, teaching and research industry, mechanical therapy laboratories, treating diabetes in European communities, treating leprosy patients in India, HMS Prisons, paediatric podiatry and forensic podiatry.
- Functional Anatomy
- Research Methods
- Clinical Studies
- Podiatric Medicine
- Podiatric Orthopaedics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 201 other Bachelors in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All applicants must have:
- Standard entry requirements apply but a typical offer would be BBC at A Level including Level 3 Science or DDD at BTEC.
- BTEC Extended Diplomas to DDM
- You will also need to have completed some work or volunteering experience within the Podiatry Field. If you do not have this experience you may be asked to gain experience and, as evidence, provide a written reflective account which is to be signed by the facilitator.
- Applicants must also have GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English Language at Grade C/4 or above.
- Functional Skills/Key Skills or credits taken within an Access to Higher Education course (12 credits at Level 2 or 6 credits at level 3) as equivalent for both Maths and English Language are also acceptable.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.