The Paramedic Science (Hons) undergraduate course from the University of Northampton has a modular curriculum, ensuring that you are able to develop both academically and practically. This course combines practical placements with blended academic study in each term. Placements can be in ambulance service work areas such as emergency ambulances, response cars, or in specialist roles such as paramedic practitioners. Other practice areas include experience in theatre departments/anaesthetics, A&E, maternity, minor injury/minor illness, coronary care and paediatrics.
- Robust and supportive mentoring to aid you whilst on placements.
- Access to a clinical skills suite that has an ambulance simulator, medium fidelity manikins and a full range of paramedic patient management equipment and patient handling aids to assist you in your learning.
- A variety of placements in clinical practice in both ambulance and non-ambulance areas
- Become registered with the Health and Care Professions Council on completion of the course.
- Guaranteed paid internship with the Northampton Employment Promise.
- HP laptop and software included with this course for eligible students
- Successful completion of the BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science will enable you to apply for registration as a Paramedic with the Health Professions Council, meeting the HCPC’s education requirements for registration.
- Paramedic Clinical Care
- Research Methods for Paramedic Science
- Paramedic Practice
- Enhanced Clinical Care
- Practice Focused Research Project
- Contemporary Issues in Paramedic Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- This programme is now closed for new applications for 2021/2022 academic year.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health Health Sciences View 481 other Bachelors in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
If you hold one of the following qualification you will be eligible to apply for the BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science:
- BBC at A Level including a Science subject (Biology is desirable)
- DDM at BTEC from courses in Science or Health subject areas
- Access course (must be health or science related) you will need to achieve 15 level 3 credits at distinction and 30 level 3 credits at Merit
In addition to the requirements above, you will need to have five or more GCSEs (or equivalents) at grade C/4 or above, including English, Mathematics and a Science subject.
If you have relevant Urgent and Emergency Health Care experience and have a good knowledge of the role of the Paramedic then you are encouraged to apply for this course.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.