The major in Public Policy from Rutgers University introduces students to the use of analytical techniques to better understand public problems and evaluate alternative solutions to those problems. Examples of such problems include income inequality, the cost of health care, climate change, and the lack of an immigration policy.
Students in the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) and students in the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences (SEBS) who wish to remain in their primary unit must apply for admission prior to declaring the major.
SAS students may pursue Public Policy as their first major and remain within SAS. SEBS students may pursue Public Policy as a second major in order to remain within SEBS.
The Bloustein School seeks to improve our increasingly urbanized and interconnected world by exploring planning approaches and public policy solutions that are healthier, greener, fairer, and generate greater prosperity than do current practices. It pursues equitable and efficient solutions to public problems at multiple levels from the global to the local and emphasizes the professional perspectives of urban planning, public policy, and public health. Within each of these domains, the school advances its aspiration to be a global leader in teaching, research, and service by engaging society’s challenges with focused programs that align current strengths with emerging needs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Public Policy
- Writing, Reasoning and Public Policy
- Public Economic Policy
- Writing for Professionals
- Principles of Public Management
- Managing People and Organizations
- Non-Profit Management
- Research Methods
- Leadership Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy View 322 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Nonrefundable $70 application fee, payable online by credit card
- Final official high school transcript showing all courses with final grades in grades 9-12:Transcripts must show a date of graduation; or
- GED or equivalency diploma holders must submit test results or equivalent as well as transcripts from any high school attended
- College transcripts if you took any college courses at a two- or four-year college
- SAT or ACT scores (with writing) only if you graduated from high school less than two years ago and will not have at least 12 college credits completed by the application due date
International29012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14506 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National29012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14506 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6115 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.