- Develop the knowledge and skills employers are looking for in areas such as structures, fluids, geology, soil mechanics, surveying and materials
- Put theory into practice through real life projects, case studies, site visits and field trips
- Choose a course accredited by leading professional institutions on behalf of the Engineering Council, which means you can fully meet the academic requirement to register as an Incorporated Engineer
- Learn from experienced civil engineering practitioners who are highly skilled in the field
- Study in our fantastic facilities at the Markeaton Street site, where we have a superb new STEM Centre
The Civil Engineering (Hons) programme from University of Derby features a compelling mix of lectures, real-life projects and site visits so you can develop all the knowledge and skills that employers are looking for. We will introduce you to key skills relating to structures, fluids, geology, soil mechanics, surveying and materials.
As a BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering graduate, you will have not only the knowledge and skills to embark on your career but also the academic base for Incorporated Engineer status.
An Incorporated Civil Engineer is a person with an accredited bachelor degree and professional experience who can maintain and manage applications of current and developing technology, and undertake engineering design, development, manufacture, construction and operation. The qualification is essential to become a practising engineer and to lead a team in a professional organisation.
You can also choose to continue your professional development and further study in the discipline of civil engineering by taking our MSc Civil Engineering and Construction Management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Construction Materials Technology
- Construction Organisation and Economics
- Site Surveying
- Applied Mathematics
- Civil Engineering Construction and CAD
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 125 other Bachelors in Project Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 104-112
- A Level BBC-BCC
- BTEC DMM
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.