With this unique perspective, it is our goal to use historical research to provide deeper understanding of our world through an examination of science and technology and their impact on human existence.
Students who major in History at the Stevens Institute of Technology make contact with a dynamic scholarly and research discipline that seeks to recount and explain the human story over time. The enjoy an interdisciplinary approach to learning which can embrace varied aspects of science, engineering, and medicine as well as history.
In their coursework, and also in their own research, History students at Stevens develop critical analytical skills, individual research skills, contribute to research activities as part of a working team, and facilitate cooperation among the members of the team resulting in a successful research project.
- Generally, a degree in history enables you to become an educator, a researcher, a communicator or editor, an information manager, a public advocate, or an entrepreneur – in short, any career that requires a strong background in reading and writing, a sharp and critical analytical eye, and the ability to reconcile multiple perspectives on complex issues.
- Most important, students learn to become professionals and colleagues in a community of inquiry that maintains a lifelong investment in history and in the pursuit of learning — about themselves and their place in the world around them.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History of Science and Technology
- Introduction to Science & Technology Studies
- Images of Science in Literature
- Science and Metaphysics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 1602 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the Common Application
- Official high school transcript. If your transcript is not in English, please provide a certified translation
- Test scores
- Essay (included on the application)
- Two letters of recommendation
- $70 application fee
International55952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55952 USD per year during 48 months.
National55952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55952 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hoboken
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.