During the Physical Education and Coaching (Hons) program offered by University of Gloucestershire students will explore primary and secondary physical education (PE) with a range of ability groups, developing skills across a range of sports and physical activities, gaining experience in schools, after school settings and sports clubs.
From the start of your programme you’ll work with an educational provider in Gloucestershire to gain as much teaching experience as possible over your three years. The course includes both practical and theoretical aspects of teaching PE.
You’ll explore sports taught in schools, such as football, netball, swimming and athletics, as well as more alternative activities such as dance, Zumba and parkour.
Alongside PE you’ll develop essential skills and effective practice within youth settings, specifically within extracurricular activities, school sport and coaching in the community. You’ll work with our sports coaching lecturers who have extensive coaching experience, from grassroots to performance sport, and who support GB Rowing, British Equestrian, GB Paralympic squads, and the England and Wales Cricket Board. You’ll also be able to gain your Sports Coach UK qualifications alongside your degree.
- Primary school teacher (via PGCE)
- Secondary PE teacher (via PGCE)
- Sports and PE activator
- Sports specialist primary teacher
- School sports coach
- Community sports coach
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding and Teaching Physical Education in Schools
- Introduction to Professional Practice in Sport
- Introduction to Sport Sociology and Ethics
- Introduction to Sport Pedagogy
- Human Structure and Function
- Study Skills and Principles of Research
- The Sporting Landscape
- Performance Coaching (Developing the Athlete)
- Sport, Health and Social Issues
- Physical Activity Interventions
- Sport for Development
- Children in society: Family, school and community
- Contemporary Coaching
- Consuming Sport: Identities, Media and Capital(s)
- Sport Science and Psychology for Performance Coaching
- Alternative Physical Activities in Schools
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education Coaching Sports Sciences View 79 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 112 tariff points
- BBC at A levels, DMM at BTEC or use a combination of your qualifications to achieve the required tariff total.
- Grade 4/C in GCSE English and Mathematics (or equivalent) are normally required. If you don't meet your tariff points total we may still consider your application.
International14680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14680 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.