About the Program
The curriculum of the Plant Biology program of Rutgers University offers three options: the Horticulture and Turf Industry option, for students intending to pursue careers in the plant business industry; the General Plant Biology Option, for students intending to pursue careers in research laboratories or graduate study; and the Natural Products option, for students interested in historical and cultural botany, economic botany (the study of the interaction of people and plants), and indigenous and modern medicinal plants.
The curriculum also offers minors in Agroecology, Horticultural Therapy, Medicinal and Economic Botany, and Plant Science; and certificates in Horticultural Therapy, Medicinal and Economic Botany, and Turfgrass Science.
Plant Science Major: Program Learning Goals
Students completing degree requirements will be able to:
- Describe basic knowledge about plant structure and function, fundamentals of plant growth and physiology, and principles of horticulture [technical proficiency];
- Summarize broadly the role of plants in agriculture, society and the environment [context];
- Communicate, in written and oral forms, plant science knowledge to peers and others in society [communication]; and
- Critically formulate hypotheses, interpret data, and apply basic principles and practices of plant science to solve fundamental and practical problems [critical thinking].
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Soil and Society
- Stories of Plant Disease
- The World of Turf
- Bioenergy Technologies
- Plants and People
- People-Plant Relationships
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Soil Science Plant & Crop Sciences View 2637 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
National33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State14090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7045 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.