Our graduates find their working places from many different fields, examples for work opportunities vary from soil and grounwater remediation and environmental monitoring to different management duties. Field of employers interested in our graduates is diverse, ranging everything between regional and state environmental administrations, private companies and NGOs.
The job titles you will have in future, are not necessarily even invented yet. Environmental engineering is a fast growing field, due to which our graduates have preparedness to work in many different duties.
As a student in Energy and Environmental Engineering program offered by the Tampere University of Applied Sciences you will have an access to many challenging, international work opportunities. Since the programme has a strong international dimension, you will be well placed to find a job abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureStudy Contents:
- First year - During the first study year, you start to create a strong foundation in natural sciences, understanding the structure and function of the environment, and applying environmental thinking in engineering.
- Second year - The second study is year is devoted to strengthening general engineering skills and gaining skills in environmental engineering and management practices. You will have the competence to assist under supervision in monitoring and management projects in the environmental engineering industry.
- Third year - During the third study year you continue deepening your environmental engineering skills and building competence in project work and practical environmental engineering tasks.
- Fourth year - The fourth study year is time for advancing your competence in selected study modules and preparing yourself for working life challenges.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Read the detailed information and admission criteria of the degree programme of your choice thoroughly
- Apply via Studyinfo.fi portal during the application period
- Upload the requested attachments to your online application
- Make sure you get a confirmation email from Studyinfo.fi after sending your application
- Follow your email regularly. All information concerning your admission will be send by email, e.g. document requests and notice of admittance
- Confirm the offered study place in time
- Pay the tuition fee if needed
- Register as present
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Bachelor level programmes
- 50% Early Bird -scholarship waiver for the first year, if acceptance of offered study place and 50% payment of first year tuition fee is done within 7 days of receiving a Conditional Offer Letter.
- Academic Award -scholarship waivers of 25% and 50% in the following years based on credits gained and Finnish language skills test results.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.