About the Program
The Agriculture and Food Systems program of Rutgers University targets students who seek careers in agribusiness, government service and agricultural education and extension, as well as those preparing to be owner/operators of farming enterprises.
Rather than provide specific options within the major as do other majors, a unique aspect of the A&FS major is the ability of students to tailor their course work to their specific interests, due to their ability to choose classes of interest from several clusters of specific courses. Depending upon the courses chosen, areas in which a student could focus include controlled-environment and precision agriculture, agricultural policy and entrepreneurship, energy efficiency, and niche agriculture, including agro-tourism, community-supported agriculture, and sustainable agriculture.
The curriculum of this major is expected to continue evolving as additional experience in the delivery of the curriculum's courses is gained, and new areas of emphasis are identified.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Practical Applications in Agriculture and Food Systems
- Special Topics in Ag and Food Systems
- Food Waste and Composting
- Starting and Managing a Small Farm
- Direct Farm Marketing and Agritourism
- Principles and Practices of Small-Scale Organic Farming
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFood Sciences Agriculture Animal Sciences View 231 other Bachelors in Animal Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
National33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State14090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7045 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.