What we eat and how much we eat, has a profound effect on our health. In some parts of the world undernourishment is still a major and yet unresolved issue. However, in many other countries the population suffers from ill health due to overconsumption of inappropriate foods. The diet we consume will influence chronic diseases such as heart disease, obesity, diabetes and ageing.
In the Nutrition (Hons) degree from The University Of Nottingham Malaysia you will also specifically explore diet in relation to diabetes, obesity and coronary heart disease, while developing an in-depth knowledge of physiology and nutritional biochemistry. This will enable you to use scientific evidence to understand the relationship between diet and health or disease, including molecular biology, nutritional biochemistry and personalised nutrition based on the genotype.
What you'll study
During the second year, you have the opportunity to study at our UK campus for either one or two semesters. Not only does this opportunity broaden your outlook and contribute to your personal development, it allows you to witness at first hand the nutrition issues that predominate in the west. Our course also includes an optional industrial placement in the second year, which will enable you to gain valuable experience in a related industry, crucial for your career development and employment. In your final year, you will plan and carry out a year long research project under the guidance of one of our academic staff.
The project allows you to gain an in-depth understanding of a food or nutrition-related topic, while developing a number of transferable skills. You will develop your ability to work independently, to use your initiative, manage your time effectively, collect and critically analyse data and to sharpen your writing and communication skills.
- Applied Genetics
- Biochemistry: The Building Blocks of Life
- Bioscience Tutorials (Academic Development)
- Food Materials and Ingredients
- Genes and Cells
- Microbial Physiology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Biochemistry Genetics View 14 other Bachelors in Nutrition & Dietetics in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBC, including biology and chemistry, excluding critical thinking and general studies
- IB Diploma 28 points with 5,5,4 at Higher Level, including biology and chemistry
- STPM B+B+B including biology and chemistry, excluding Pengajian Am
- UEC 1 A and 4 B3s, including biology and chemistry, excluding Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese language
- SAM/AUSMAT ATAR 82 (including biology and chemistry)
- Canadian Ontario Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) 77% average based on 6 subjects including biology and chemistry. Consideration to be made based on relevant individual grades if specific subjects are required.
International9652 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9652 EUR per year during 36 months.
National9169 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9169 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Malaysian – RM43,700 per year
- Non-Malaysian – RM46,000 per year
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.