The key of the Mechanical Engineering (Hons) programme of The University of Nottingham Malaysia is design.
Engineering science and design are core disciplines in this programme whilst other important areas are control, electronics, IT, manufacturing technology, and mathematics. Projectwork will form a significant part of your final year. In year three, MEng students undertake a major group project. Up to four students will work as a multidisciplinary team to design, manufacture, and test their prototype, as well as develop a business plan to market their product. All students will undertake an individual project in their final year. The project is commonly experimental, computational or analytical in nature; and it will provide a link relating academic understanding, research methods, and professional ethics. You will be able to choose your individual project topic, most of which are based upon real industrial problems.
We aim to prepare you for an exciting career, and when you graduate you will be an independent professional highly sought after by employers. As a graduate of one of the best mechanical engineering departments in the world, your Nottingham qualification will give you the freedom to choose from a range of exciting opportunities.
Graduates of both of our courses become mechanical, sales, design or maintenance engineers in a range of sectors. These include power generation, civil structure, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, chemical, computers, marine, bioengineering and paper. Those choosing the MEng route can also become project managers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Design and Design Project
- Materials and Manufacturing
- Mathematics for Engineers
- Programming, Professional and Laboratory Skills
- Statics and Dynamics
- Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- As an international student, submit your application at least three months before your intake as your visa can take three months to process.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Mathematics Design View 13 other Masters in Mathematics in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee payment slip/proof of payment
- Proof of English language competency (if any)
- Copy of National Residence Identification Card (NRIC), for Malaysians or identification page of passport (photo page only), for international applicatns.
- Malaysian permanent residence card (if applicable)
- Under 18 consent form (applicants under the age of 18)
International11321 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11321 EUR per year during 36 months.
National9689 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9689 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Malaysian – RM47,500 per year
- Non-Malaysian – RM55,500 per year
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.