In the Environmental Science (Hons) degree from The University Of Nottingham Malaysia you will develop an understanding of environmental processes and systems and gain skills in a range of ecological survey techniques through practical classes and field courses.
Topics covered include key environmental principles such as atmospheric and climate sciences, biogeochemistry, conservation biology, ecology, environmental modelling, geospatial mapping and technologies, and sustainable development. Your final year research project will utilise and further advance these skills and you will also benefit from gaining knowledge and practical experience of issues and techniques applicable both to Southeast Asia and global environments.
University of Nottingham environmental science graduates are working in environmentally-related fields all over the world. Graduates find they have the skills and confidence to equip them for employment in environmental consultancies, conservation and research agencies, local authorities, government agencies, universities and industry. Many graduates go on to undertake postgraduate research degrees in environmentally-related areas.
- Dissertation in Environmental Science
- Environmental Science and Society
- Global Environmental Processes
- Natural Resources of Malaysia
- Plant Science
- The Ecology of Natural and Managed Ecosystems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Sciences View 6 other Bachelors in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBC, including 2 science subjects preferably biology, chemistry, geography, mathematics or physics; other science subjects may be considered on a case-by-case basis, excluding critical thinking and general studies
- IB Diploma 28 points with 5,5,4 at Higher level (including specified grades in science subjects)
- STPM B+B+B, including 2 science subjects preferably biology, chemistry, geography, mathematics or physics; other science subjects may be considered on a case-by-case basis, excluding Pengajian Am
- UEC 1 As and 4 B3s, including 2 science subjects preferably biology, chemistry, geography, mathematics or physics; other science subjects may be considered on a case-by-case basis, excluding Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese language
International10068 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10068 EUR per year during 36 months.
National8642 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8642 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Malaysian – RM41,200 per year
- Non-Malaysian – RM48,000 per year
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.