The main areas and principles of the Civil Engineering (Hons) programme of The University of Nottingham Malaysia are introduced in the first and second years. More advanced subjects are included in later years, together with optional modules.
Assessment at the end of each semester combines coursework, examinations, laboratory work and projects. Progression through each course is based on an annual appraisal covering all modules from the preceding year. In the fourth year of the MEng, you will be able to choose from a range of optional modules and undertake an individual design project. You will also complete a group design project, designing and planning a civil engineering project that aims to integrate all the disciplines covered on the course. Typical projects include highway schemes, retail parks, residential complex development and water works.
Civil engineers are needed all over the world in design, construction and management positions. By the end of the course, you will be equipped to embark on a career in civil engineering, or other disciplines that require numerate, problem-solving graduates, perfectly prepared to find employment across specialties including structural design, construction, geotechnical, water resources, transportation,and urban planning.
The MEng course is designed to produce graduates with leadership potential, providing the breadth and depth of knowledge to reach the top in their chosen career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Group Design Project
- Mathematical Methods for Civil Engineering
- Portfolio of Civil Engineering Studies
- Structural Analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- As an international student, we advise that you submit your application at least three months before your intake as your visa can take three months to process.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering Mathematics View 13 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee payment slip/proof of payment
- Proof of English language competency (if any)
- Copy of National Residence Identification Card (NRIC), for Malaysians or identification page of passport (photo page only), for international applicatns.
- Malaysian permanent residence card (if applicable)
- Under 18 consent form (applicants under the age of 18)
International11321 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11321 EUR per year during 36 months.
National9689 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9689 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Malaysian – RM47,500 per year
- Non-Malaysian – RM55,500 per year
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.