The Chemical Engineering (Hons) programme of The University of Nottingham Malaysia will provide students with core scientific and engineering knowledge coupled with a range of transferrable skills – analysis, communications, information technologies, management, problem solving and teamwork – to prepare you for a career in areas such as commodity and specialty chemicals, fertilisers, food processing, fuels and energy production, minerals processing, petrochemicals, petroleum refining, pharmaceuticals or water treatment.
You will be equipped for a career in chemical engineering, working as a professional in areas such as process and product design or plant management, or for work in other disciplines benefiting from the technical and problem-solving skills you have acquired.
Additionally, the chemical engineering with environmental engineering degrees equip you for a career in environmental engineering, perhaps working as a professional in environment related functions such as waste treatment, pollution control or materials recycling.
As a Nottingham chemical engineering graduate you will be highly sought-after by companies worldwide. With our unique combinations of chemical and environmental engineering, we are well placed to provide multi-skilled graduates to work in a diverse range of industries including energy, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, food and environmental services, as well as government agencies and departments around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry for Engineers
- Fluid Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Engineering Design
- Introductory Geology
- Mathematicals Methods for Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- Process Engineering Principles
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- As an international student, we advise that you submit your application at least three months before your intake as your visa can take three months to process.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Geology View 13 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee payment slip/proof of payment
- Proof of English language competency (if any)
- Copy of National Residence Identification Card (NRIC), for Malaysians or identification page of passport (photo page only), for international applicatns.
- Malaysian permanent residence card (if applicable)
- under 18 consent form (applicants under the age of 18)
International11321 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11321 EUR per year during 36 months.
National9689 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9689 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Malaysian – RM47,500 per year
- Non-Malaysian – RM55,500 per year
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.