Midwifery (Hons) programme of Edge Hill University will include managing a small caseload of women from early pregnancy to postnatal under expert supervision, and lead to a professional qualification that incorporates the leadership and management skills that allow you to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a qualified midwife.
You will become an autonomous, evidenced-based and research-aware practitioner, able to deliver excellent care and respond to the challenges of midwifery. The focus of the programme is woman-centred care and this philosophy provides you with a range of experiences and excellent career opportunities that allow you to work within the UK and abroad.
On successful completion you will be able to work as a midwife in a variety of clinical settings including hospitals, the community, birth centres and independent practice. Further opportunities are available in many varied roles including specialist midwives, midwifery consultants, academia and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Values Based Approach To Midwifery Practice
- Physiology Related To Midwifery Care
- Breastfeeding and Health
- Exploring Critical Perspectives of Health
- Complications in the Childbirth Continuum
- Case Load Midwifery
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMidwifery View 43 other Masters in Midwifery in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer 120-128 UCAS Tariff points which must be achieved from a maximum of three A Levels or equivalent, including one relevant subject (for example, Biology, Human Biology, Psychology, Health and Social Care, Sociology. You will also need GCSE English Language and GCSE Mathematics at Grade C or Grade 4 or above (or equivalent).
- Eligible candidates must provide evidence of study within the three years prior to application.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate transferable skills from work experience which could be from a health care setting that requires working with the public and the use of excellent communication skills. An interview forms part of the selection process.
International12250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Subject to eligibility, UK and EU students can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan from the Government to cover the full cost of tuition fees. UK students may also be eligible to apply for additional funding to help with living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.