At Creative Writing and English Literature (Hons) from Edge Hill University you will develop your own creative writing skills and philosophy of composition while being inspired by literature, from classic to contemporary works. If you have a love of language, a passion for reading and writing, an enthusiasm for discovering influential theoretical and critical approaches to literature and a desire to know more about the impact of literature on societies, this degree is for you. It will explore the ideas that lie behind published literature in all its forms and encourage you as an aspiring author to develop a new appreciation of, and flair for, creative writing.
Typical careers for Creative Writing graduates include working in media, education, advertising, publishing, information technology, radio or television, business, and the theatre. Alternatively, you may wish to progress to further study or research in Creative Writing.
Typical careers for English Literature graduates include teaching (further training required), speech therapy, library work, media, journalism, arts administration, publishing, public and voluntary sectors, and managerial work. Alternatively, you may wish to progress to further study or research in English Literature.
- Ways of Reading
- Critical Theories
- Literary History
- Writing Short Stories
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Literature View 1475 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS Code:QW38
- Typical offer 112-120 UCAS Tariff points, preferably to include A Level English or equivalent.
- A Level: BBC-BBB;
- BTEC Extended Diploma (or combination of BTEC QCF qualifications): Distinction, Merit, Merit (DMM);
- T Level: Overall grade of Merit;
- International Baccalaureate (IB): We are happy to accept IB qualifications which achieve the required number of UCAS Tariff points. Subject-specific requirements at Higher Level (HL) Grade 5 may apply;
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: 45 credits at Level 3, for example 15 credits at Distinction and 30 credits at Merit or 24 credits at Distinction and 21 credits at Merit. The required total can be attained from various credit combinations.
- English Language Requirements
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.