What's covered in the course?
You will cover all competencies required by The Society of Sports Therapists, such as examination, assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, delivery of soft tissue therapies, peripheral and vertebral joint mobilisations, sport and exercise rehabilitation, strength and conditioning, and trauma management to name a few.
There will be compulsory work placements built into all three years of your course providing you with invaluable real-life, hands-on learning.
By taking this course, you will be studying at the brand new home for the School of Health Sciences, which contains state-of-the-art sports therapy clinical rooms, laboratories, cutting-edge resources and a designated sports area. These are all designed to optimise your learning experience. Sports Therapy (Hons) is provided by Birmingham City University.
OpportUNIty: Student Jobs on Campus ensures that our students are given a first opportunity to fill many part-time temporary positions within the University. This allows you to work while you study with us, fitting the job around your course commitments. By taking part in the scheme, you will gain valuable experiences and employability skills, enhancing your prospects in the job market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Applied Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Musculoskeletal Assessment and Treatment
- Sport and Exercise Physiology and Principles of Training
- Professional Skills and Evidence Based Practice
- Sport Injury Rehabilitation and Trauma Management
- Planning and Conducting Research
- Sport and Exercise Physiology and Nutrition
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 479 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Level 2 qualifications which must be achieved PRIOR to application for all applicants.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs, including Double Science, Mathematics and English Language at Grade 4 (formerly a C) or above, no equivalencies can be accepted.
- UCAS points 112 excluding General Studies. To include one subject in Biology / Human Biology / Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics / Physical Education with minimum Grade C.
International13200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13200 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.