What's covered in the course?
Our Nursing - Learning Disability (Hons) course is accredited by The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) to expertly support you in gaining hands-on clinical and care skills when working with people who have learning disabilities. Nursing - Learning Disability (Hons) is provided by Birmingham City University.
During the course, you will develop an understanding of the health needs of people with learning disabilities and how to meet their needs by developing and implementing individualised care. You will explore physiology, nursing practice ethical principles, research methods, and social policy which will underpin your practice.
Once qualified and registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council you can practice in the UK and many countries overseas.
- Professional Values and Academic Skills
- Nursing Practice and Decision Making
- Health in Society
- Professional Values and Evidence Based Practice
- Learning Disability Nursing Practice
- Nursing in Society
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 387 other Bachelors in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Level 2 qualifications which must be achieved PRIOR to application for all applicants except Access Students.
- A minimum of three GCSEs at Grade 4 or above (formerly Grade C), must include English Language, Mathematics and one of Health and Social Care, Biology, chemistry, Physics or Science double/triple award or equivalent.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.