The Zoology (extended degree) programme at the University of Roehampton includes a foundation year, which will provide you with a sound introduction to key elements needed for studying Zoology at degree level. Our extended degree programme will provide you with a thorough and supportive academic preparation for study. The Foundation year is carefully designed to build your confidence in your abilities, develop essential academic and study skills, and provide you with subject specific knowledge as a basis for success in your following three years.Our BSc Zoology degree explores the biology of a wide range of fascinating animals, from the smallest organisms to birds and primates.
The course covers the evolution, anatomy, physiology, behaviour and ecology of animals, along with how to care for and conserve them. You will gain an expert understanding of modern zoology in all its forms, from conservation management to paleoanthroplogy to molecular biology.
Careers within Zoology include conservation management and consultancy, museum curating and researcher positions. Graduates develop transferable high-level skills in team work, organising and communicating complex information, and analysis and evaluation, making them suitable for a great range of careers inside and outside of Biology.
- Communication for Academic Purposes
- Operational Mathematics
- Scientific Thinking and Techniques
- An Introduction to Human Physiology
- Biosciences Field Course
- Understanding Behaviour
- Comparative Zoology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
If you are applying to university from the UK or European Union (EU) you must submit your UCAS application between September and 15 January.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology View 857 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- passes in two distinct subjects at GCE Advanced Level;
- a pass in one subject at GCE Advanced Level plus (a) passes in two distinct subjects at GCE Advanced Subsidiary Level, or (b) a Vocational A-Level Single Award, or (c) two Vocational A-Level part Awards;
- a Vocational A-Level Double Award; or
- a Vocational A-Level Single Award plus (a) two Vocational A-Level part Awards, or (b) passes in two distinct subjects at GCE Advanced Subsidiary Level; or
- a BTEC National Certificate or Diploma; or
- a Scottish Certificate of Education with (a) passes in five subjects, including at least three at Higher grade, or (b) passes in four subjects all at Higher grade or New Higher grade
International13474 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13474 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- £9,250 - EU
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.