This BA programme in Communication and Media Sciences at the University of Dunaújváros offers a broad-based approach to the methods, channels and institutions of social and mass communication and provides the students with an educational profile that combines in-depth intellectual and practical communicational competence with a solid knowledge in social sciences.
Specialist options are business communication and media informatics. Students learn how to work with the basic aspects and principles connected to communication and media, how to form and express their thoughts effectively in accordance with the basic theories and conceptions of the social communication and how to communicate information, arguements and analyses to professional and non-professional audience by the use of the modern tools of communicational technologies.
Reasons to Choose Our Communication and Media Sciences BA Course:
- Gain thorough understanding of the communication processes in the human society, the main functions, interpretations and methods of communication;
- Develop excellent communicational skills that are essential in the everyday business life;
- Acquire the basis of practical media technological knowledge by the use of the high-level of communication technology infrastructure (TV-studio, radio station, media laboratories) of our campus;
- Take the opportunity to study in a multi-cultural environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Content and Structure:
- During their studies candidates are required to take up to 180 credits, each semester totaling 30 credits.
- There are six core modules in each of the first three semesters of the programme.
- The core modules in the first year are taken mainly from the field of social sciences, communication skills and communicational theoretical knowledge.
- Second year modules introduce the regulation and the specific fields of communication, and the start of the Electives and modules of specialisation extend both the theoretical and practical knowledge of the students in relation to the major chosen by them: business communication or media informatics.
- In the final two semesters students are required to acquire the knowledge of the modules in their chosen specialisation and to accomplish their final degree projects and write their thesis.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For September intake the application deadline is 31st of July
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 6 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form with a hanwdritten signature
- CV in English language
- Motivation Letter in English language
- High School Certificate in original language and in English language – official translation is required
- University degrees and transcripts in English language – official translation is required – if any
- Relevant pages of your passport like personal data, photo, previous visas
- Proof of English language knowledge like language certificates, previously completed studies in English
- Medical certificate not older than 1 month
International3950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3950 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Dunaújváros
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.