With a focus on understanding the data, you’ll look at DNA / RNA synthesis, proteins and genetics and learn how these can unlock the diagnosis of biochemical disorders and human diseases.
Understanding, analysing and drawing meaning from data is becoming increasingly important in industry. We’ve recently redeveloped this course to include bioinformatics skills across all years of your course. If you are really interested in this growing area of biochemistry, then you can also immerse yourself further by focusing on bioinformatics for your final year research project.
As the Biochemistry (Hons) course from Nottingham Trent University, is highly practical, you’ll get experience in cutting edge molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA technology, protein analysis, diagnostics, as well as bioinformatics. You will also gain key biochemical skills such as biochemical catalysis, protein purification and enzyme kinetics.
Your career development
Students on this course will be well placed to pursue entry level posts in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and the majority of biological science related disciplines.
- hospitals (clinical analysis)
- university research departments (laboratory technicians)
- agriculture (plant biotechnology)
- food institutes and companies
- industrial laboratories (quality control)
- government administration (adviser for science policies).
- Practical techniques for Biology
- Genetics and Immunology
- Biochemical Techniques
- Molecular Genetics of Human Diseases
- Metabolism and its Control
- Molecular Biology and Protein Structure
- Clinical Biochemistry
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Whilst the University welcomes applications after the January deadline, we will only be able to make offers if places are still available.
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Biochemistry View 615 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels – BBB, including Biology; or
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DDM, including relevant Biology modules; or
- 120 UCAS Tariff points from three A-levels or equivalent qualifications, including an A-level grade B equivalent in Biology; and
- GCSEs – English, Maths and Science grade C / 4
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.